Direct Message Suggestion

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Hey, great work with the software, it's easy to use. However, I find that it's somewhat useless if I have to log onto a computer and check the Twitter feed to look at the update from the TweetMyPC. Perhaps if you could implement some form of having the software send a direct message to the Twitter account, instead of posting a status update - that way, I can use the "Notify me of DM" feature from Twitter and receive a mobile update. Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2010 at 5:46 AM

that is a really good idea! we will implement it in the next version. thanks!

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Has anything been implemented with this yet... I think this is a great idea as I am also wanting verification of the command, but you cannot follow yourself on twitter so the DM would work great as to not having to open twitter to check, on your mobile.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM
sorry, no - it has not been implemented because with twitter you can't make anything like this secure and thus there was no use case for this for us.
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:09 AM
so there is no way to confirm that a command has been sent other than opening twitter? No possible sms message from the app or email or even an RSS feed?
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:17 AM
sure, you can always use third-party tools to notify you of updates or you could change TweetMyPC according to your wishes.
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Do you have an example of some 3rd party tools? I've checked and have not found any that seem like they can do the job.
How exactly can I change TweetMyPC accordingly?
Thanks so much for your time!
Jul 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Hello, do I need to join the project to be able to change the source code to recompile?

Thanks,
Mark