Pipe and uptime

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Hi!

I'd like to see the possibility to pipe commandline results from a program to TweetMyPc. For example: running dir > TweetMyPc.exe would then result in TweetMyPc sending the result from the dir command to Twitter.

Another thing is that I would like a command "uptime",  that sends the computers uptime to Twitter. For example "8 days, 13 h 32 min and 22 sek" (or some thing like that)

Otherwise..thanks for a great program!

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM

uptime is coming soon - thanks for that idea!

I am not going to do that commandline to twitter output because of security reasons. (don't want the tool to be used by some script kiddies who call them selves hackers)

But if you have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed and know basic object oriented software developing, it should be easy to do that on your own. (and if you do that somehow secure, feel free to submit a patch ;-)

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Hi!

I can totally understand that security issue (too bad thou).

But, wonderful that you'll be incorporating an uptime command/function.

Thanks!

/Johan

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:47:07 -0800
Subject: Re: Pipe and uptime [tweetmypc:269703]

uptime is coming soon - thanks for that idea!

I am not going to do that commandline to twitter output because of security reasons. (don't want the tool to be used by some script kiddies who call them selves hackers)
But if you have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed and know basic object oriented software developing, it should be easy to do that on your own. (and if you do that somehow secure, feel free to submit a patch ;-)
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tweetmypc@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email tweetmypc@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com