Downloading problem with TweetMyPc

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Sir im using  this code to download file with tweetmypc
download http://bit.ly/rf4Zmr
bt still im getting a error message " Bit.ly shortner key is not included in this code"

plz help me sir.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 3:27 PM

You will need a developer key if you use the code.. get one here : http://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Sir

im not aware of API,and how to use it.

So could you please kindly  give me step-by-step instruction how to use this key.

It would very help full for me.

Thanks for your previous response.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM

If you are not a developer please use the installer and not the code. 

If you are a developer, read above documentation for bit.ly and see how you can use bit.ly and .net

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM

im not a developer.

But want to use download code with Tweetmypc.

could you give a solution? if i need to use api ,could you give a short instruction how to use API???

Sir plz help me...... i really need to use that feature of Tweetmypc.

Thank You again

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM

just try downloading without the bit.ly link shortener or use e.g. tinyurl.com that should work fine

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Edited Jul 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM

same problem .......

i used that code .........download tinyurl.com/4yjw2gr

bt getting same message...

"bit.ly shortener key is not included in the code!

remove this message after inserting it + dont publish secure key with it!! "

after try so hard felling hopeless :(  :( :(

seems it doesn't work at all !

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM

1. this is a free and open source application, so you can't demand that we will fix any problems whenever you want! (and for sure red or bold

FONT
or many "!!!" won't help, too.) We are not dumb so you don't need to highlight important stuff.

2. you could just create a custom command in TweetMyPC and use an external download-program to do the job

3. I will upload a working version (with bit.ly support commented out) in a few hours if nothing important gets in the way

:)

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM

might take longer.... but you can help my by telling me how to deactivate the stupid t.co twitter link shortener..... because that is causing the real problem.... (without t.co tweetmypc could download the tinyurl.com address)

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 11:08 AM

There are 22,000+ users who downloaded and they did not complain about bit.ly error. There are many developers who also download code and use their key.

We cannot spoon feed you with how to work with .net and bit.ly api :-)  Its basic of .net and does not relate to tweetmypc.

There is code about how to use bit.ly api in ,net and we have just removed the API key (Key is secret and should not be shared)

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

extremely  sorry for using red or bold fonts.

I am excited to get new working version. waiting for your  working version upload.

Thank you sir. 

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:06 PM

just uploaded 3.9.0.4. this version supports downloading without using bit.ly. 

works like this:

tweet: "download basisbit.de/filename123ABC.exe" (you get a problem if there is http:// in front of the address because then twitter will shorten the link using t.co, so just leave the http:// away)

that will save a file with the name filename123ABC.exe in the folder you specified for downloads.

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2011 at 2:07 PM

you can update by opening tweetmypc, then clicking on About and then on Check for update.

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:58 PM

very good update. now download code is working

thank you for the update.

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

download code is working properly. 

but it would be more useful if it support downloading from  youtube, torrents or rapidshare.

because we download most of the file from these site.

i hope near future these feature will be added.

thank you 

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM

we are not going to support downloading youtube videos, torrents or rapidshare files because that is either not legal or already implemented by other programs (use custom commands for that)

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:16 PM
BasisBit wrote:

we are not going to support downloading youtube videos, torrents or rapidshare files because that is either not legal or already implemented by other programs (use custom commands for that)

sir

how to use custom command to download youyube video or torrents???

plz give me an example. 

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM

no.

or... I will give you that much information:

get a youtube download application that can be called with arguments over the command line / shell.

then set up a custom command in the TweetMyPC settings so tweetmypc knows when to call your application.

then tweet for example "youtubeCustomCommand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31-k6wo6wdU" and tweetmypc will open your youtube downloader application and give it the youtube video address.

maybe that helps you... (If you want I can help you more/better if you pay me ;-)  )

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM

thanks