Failed to Login to Twitter

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I know I am missing something here.  I have spent a couple of hours searching but have come up empty.  I have followed the installation directions perfectly.  Here is where I get hung up:

• I open up tweetmypc (by going to "Edit Settings")
  • I type in my Twitter Username and password as it should
  • I hit the Save and Close
  • And I receive the message "Failed to Login to Twitter with the values supplied.  Please check your login details."

I know my username and password are correct.  I can login via my browser with no problem.  I have checked to make sure they are correct at least a dozen times.  I have rebooted many times.

Please help my sanity!  What am I missing?

Looks like a great program/service if I can get it running.  Thanks!

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Edited Sep 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Also, as an fyi:

• I am running Windows 7
  • I ensured I met the correct requirements and installed Windows Installer 3.1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
  • I used my gmail account (even though I will not use the getfiles, etc)
  • I restarted many times
  • I logged into my twitter account using both IE and Firefox
Sep 20, 2011 at 11:32 PM

any updates here?  I would really like to use this service, but am stuck.  Is there an alternative if tweetmypc is no longer supported?

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM

BasisBit,

I see your posting last week.  I have been checking this site every week for the past month and a half hoping for an answer.  Do you have any thoughts here?  I will take any kind of answer... even "I dont know.  You are on your own with this problem."

I know this is a free service so I am not making demands, just hoping for some direction.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Extremely sorry for the delay in responding. Can you post the log here? 

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 5:44 PM

wow, I never got an email notification for that thread until now... sorry to have you wait that long.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Can you perhaps do following to create a debug log for us, so we can see where the problem is?:

1. Create a empty text file on your desktop and call it TweetMyPCdebug.txt.
2. Open TweetMyPC and enter your login data
3. Now click at the Save&Hide button in TweetMyPC
4. close the error message and wait some time.
5. Now open the TweetMyPCdebug file at your desktop and copy+paste the debug log from there and post it here as a comment.

(If the file is empty, check if naming it just "TweetMyPCdebug" without the .txt and then redoing the steps helps)

With this help we should be able to identify+solve the problem fast.

-

also, in what country do you live? what firewall do you use? Any proxy servers set up?

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2011 at 2:39 PM

650nmWolf ? You still there? Any news regarding the problem?

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Hey Guys!  Thanks for getting back to me and sorry it was me that missed your post this time.  I just attempted to follow your directions in creating a log, but I was not successful at this either.  I followed your directions exactly.  Some notes:

• #3 says click Save & Hide.  Mine says Save & Close; could I have an incorrect version?
  • #4 says wait some time.  I clicked save & close, then waited 15 minutes.
  • When that did not work, I removed the extension ".txt" from TweetMyPCdebug and repeated steps
  • in all cases, my TweetMyPCdebug file was empty

I am in the US, I use the standard default Windows Firewall.  My pc is connected via gigE to my Linksys router.  I do use LogMeIn Hamachi occasionally on this computer but there are no changes whether it is on or off.

Thanks for any help!

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Yes, looks like you have an old version installed.

Please go to http://tweetmypc.basisbit.de and install the new one.

Thanks.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Just getting back to this project...

Thanks for the help.  You were right; I had the wrong/ old version (something I downloaded from an external website).  I had a few hiccups during the install, but everything is working beautifully now.  Such a simple mistake on my part.

Thanks for offering this great product!