Unexpected Error

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hi. I have just downloaded and installed TweetMyPC but get an Unexpected Error message. Here is the debug text file.

07/11/2011 10:26:57    ---
07/11/2011 10:26:57    ---
07/11/2011 10:26:57    Program starting..
07/11/2011 10:27:00    oops! A totally unhandled exception is raised:
Messsage: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
TargetSite: DownloadFile
StackTrace:    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName)
   at TweetMyPC.frmTweetMyPc.frmTweetMyPc_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Source: System
07/11/2011 10:27:28    ---
07/11/2011 10:27:28    ---
07/11/2011 10:27:28    Program starting..
07/11/2011 10:27:31    oops! A totally unhandled exception is raised:
Messsage: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
TargetSite: DownloadFile
StackTrace:    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName)
   at TweetMyPC.frmTweetMyPc.frmTweetMyPc_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Source: System

The first error was after downloading and installing the program and the second was after trying to run it from the shortcut on the desktop.

Thanks in advance.

David

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Hello,

thanks for the debug-log! But, I need more information to fix that problem.

eg. does TweetMyPC close after that error message?

Are you able to see the twitter website after clicking on About -> Show BrowserBox?

Are you able to see the twitter website from your webbrowser?

In what country do you live?

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you download the program from http://ludowicy.bplaced.net/projekte/TweetMyPC/ ?

What firewall and Antivirus do you have installed? (Maybe something is blocking the twitter access)

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions:

The message suggests I contact the TweetMyPC website for assistance and has an OK buttont to click. When I confirm OK the box closes and thats all.

The program doesnt open so cant click on About.

Cant see the Twitter website, browser reports says Connection to Server was Reset.

I live in China

I have Windows 7 Starter

I downloaded the setup.exe from your website as redirected on Codeplex

I have Norton Internet Security and the firewall says Firewall Rules automatically setup for both setup.exe and TweetMyPC

Hope that helps and many thanks

David

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2011 at 11:46 AM

sorry, but Twitter is not allowed to be used in China (because of local laws/restrictions) :(

But if those laws don't count for you, using for example a vpn (connecting your computer with another computer network outside of china) will work around the probelm.

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Hi.

Thanks very much for your fast reply. So the error is because the program connects to Twitter on launch, I understand.

I will try to connect another way then ;)

Thanks

David