Tweet My PC not working on other user accounts

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Hi,

I have multiple user accounts on my PC.  One administrator account and one standard account that I use for guests (it is not the default guest account).

If my PC is logged onto my main administrator account, the tweet my pc commands work. However, if a standard user is logged onto my pc, my tweet commands do not work. How do I get the Tweet My PC program to work on all user accounts so it controls my PC nomatter who is logged in?

Thanks, appreciate your help.

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2011 at 7:24 AM

You can try running the app under a different user. a user who had admin rights. Check this link http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/164915-run-different-user-shortcut-create-specified-program-user.html

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM

tweetmypc should work running as guest-user. are you able to run eg. the ping command when only the guest-user is logged in?

(also, did you connect tweetmypc to your twitter-account when logged in as guest?)

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Thanks all.  Originally I had installed the program on my admin account.  When I switched users to another standard user account, the tweet my pc program was not running on that account.  However, I found that I was able to install the program on that account as well with no problem.  Once I installed it and went through the configuration steps, it started working.

So it either seems like we need to install the program on each user account we have on our PCs or maybe I didn't install it so that it was available to all users.  Not sure how to do that, I don't recall seing an option for that.

Nevertheless, installing it on each user account seemed to work fine.

Thanks again! :)