External IP problem

May 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Hi, just installed TweetMyPC, and it's working well!

I have a couple of issues though:

1. When try and obtain my IP addresses, I only get back the internal one, and it says error/invalid for the external one.  What do I have to do to make this work?
  2. Can you add the minimise button to the application (and maybe make it minimise to the system tray), or make the close button configurable to either close or minimise to system tray? Several times I closed the app by mistake expecting this behaviour when I clicked on Close.
  3. I also have a weird issue that sometimes when I try to open the app from the system tray, it refuses to appear on the screen.  It seems as if it's running, but kind of "off the screen" somewhere and I can't seem to get it back, other than by shutting it down and restarting. I hope that makes sense.

I'm on Windows 7 with all the latest updates.  If you need any further info from me, please let me know.

It's an excellent and useful application otherwise, thanks for making it and making it available.

Thanks!

Coordinator
May 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

I will take a look at your suggestions next week.

Regarding the IP-address problem: are you able to browse to http://www.wieistmeineip.de/ and see your external ip-address? Also, in what country do you live?

May 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Edited May 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I can browse to that website and it displays my external IP correctly.  I live in the UK.

Thanks!